View it Live: http://speedtest.att.com
The finished product
The interface of the speedtest library that I wrote. Powering the visual part is the Highcharts JS library.
Performing a Speedtest
Here’s how it displays results
My Work at DslReports
- Developed widgets from scratch using HighCharts, D3.js for interfaces. One of the widgets is live here: https://speedtest.att.com.
- Created interactions from scratch using wireframes for the UI, and parameters from client for the functionality.
- Wrote cross browser compatible code and standards compliant CSS based layouts
- Wrote modular code adhering to best practices and DRY principles.
- Succesfully handled JSON data and carried out JSON parsing for form submissions and DOM manipulation.
- Wrote a cross platform command line application for network speed testing in Go
- Extensively used Go Routines for testing network throughputs.
- Wrote a WebSocket based network testing server in both Go and C (libwebsockets)
- Developed CLI speedtest into a system service that remained always on, that could be remotely invoked and post results to the DSLR API.